By CHARLOTTE STEINER.
An enjoyable and nutritious recipe, filled with healthy, fresh produce. Makes six. Perfect for your whole flat.
Step 1: Make the tortillas
- 3 cups high grade flour
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 2 tsp tarragon
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced finely
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together
2. Make a well in the middle and add water and oil
3. Mix together until dough forms
4. Knead on floured surface for five minutes
5. Divide dough into six pieces
6. Roll out each piece into a medium circle on a floured surface area
7. Add a teaspoon of oil in a pan; heat the pan on medium heat
8. Gently place one tortilla in the pan and cook for two minutes on each side
9. Repeat steps 7-8 for the other tortillas
Step 2: Roast the vegies
- ½ butternut squash
- ½ kumara
- 2 potatoes
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Wash then chop the potatoes, butternut and kumara into small cubes
3. Place vegetables evenly onto a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil
5. Sprinkle rock salt over vegetables and toss gently
6. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until vegetables are soft
Step 3: Salad time
- Cos lettuce (2 -3 handfuls, roughly chopped).
- 1 x capsicum
- ½ cucumber
- ½ avocado
- 1 x orange
- 1 x lemon
1. Wash and chop all the salad ingredients
2. Place in a bowl and toss
Step 4: Make the pesto
- 2 handfuls of Basil leaves
- 1/3 Cup Pine nuts
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 x Clove Garlic, crushed
- ¼ lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor, blitz until all the ingredients are well combined.
Step 5: The final assembly
Spread pesto evenly on each of the tortillas. Then place your roast vegetables, salad and a drizzle of mayonnaise on top. For more flavour, add a squeeze of lemon juice to give it a little twang, as well as a sprinkle of sesame seeds for an extra crunch! Enjoy.
This recipe also works well with, fish, lamb, chicken and pull-apart pork or beef.
Making this recipe? Tag your pics #TearawayMag!
You can also follow Charlotte on Instagram: @charlottedaisyrose
SHARE THIS POST...