By CHARLOTTE STEINER
This rich and creamy no-bake cheesecake is the perfect summer dessert to make when you have friends and family around.
2 packets of Malt biscuits (crushed)
150g melted butter
1 tbsp gelatine
¾ cup boiling water
¼ cup cold water
450g cream cheese (soften at room temperature)
1 cup caster sugar
½ tsp peppermint essence
1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
250g melted chocolate (Whittaker’s)
1 can of evaporated milk (chilled)
1. To make the base, mix crushed Malt biscuits and melted butter together.
2. Press into a greased 8” dish. Refrigerate.
3. Place gelatine in boiling water and stir until dissolved. Cool.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
5. Mix in sugar, vanilla and peppermint essence.
6. Gradually add melted chocolate and dissolved gelatine, beating constantly.
7. Chill until mixture is at point of setting, then gradually add chilled evaporated milk, beating constantly until mixture is thick and has doubled in size.
8. Pour mixture over biscuit base and leave to chill in the fridge overnight.
9. Decorate with raspberries, chocolate curls, strawberries or edible flowers.
Having a go at this recipe? Tag your pics #TearawayMag!
You can also follow Charlotte on Instagram: @charlottedaisyroseSHARE THIS POST...