By DEBORAH GRACE HADY.
In all my sixteen years of existence, I (much to my dad’s happiness) haven’t had a Valentine, ever. Unless like, you count my friends pretending to be each others Valentine. And so it’s safe to say that I’m a good bet when it comes to putting together the ‘Dos and Don’ts’ of being single on Valentine’s Day.
- Remember that Valentine’s Day is a day celebrating love – and love can come in all forms. Don’t forget to tell your friends and family that you love them, too!
- Remember that being single is like, super fun and more awesome (yes, I’m aware that this is what people with no boyfriends/girlfriends say, but it’s totally true).
- Have a movie marathon – by yourself or invite a few mates over!
- Have a night out or a night in with friends – is always the best way to spend Valentine’s when you’re single.
- Buy yourself chocolate – it’s totally justified.
- Do send letters, flowers, or chocolates to other people who’ll need it more – like an elderly neighbour, perhaps.
- Read TEARAWAY – just because we love you and you love us and February the 14th is all about love.
- Yes, we get it. You’re single, Valentine’s Day sucks. Your ultimate baes are your bed and the pizza, and yes, Valentine’s Day sucks. But really, it’s 2016, everyone (well, maybe just me) is getting kind of tired of all the whiners and complainers and the party poopers. Be happy for your friends who are getting flowers and chocolates and doing all the mushy couple dating stuff, and stop whining about how much Valentine’s Day sucks.
- Be desperate enough that you’ll go out with anyone who asks you. Never settle for less than you deserve.
Valentine’s Day is a day of love (OK, and commercialism). Well, whatever your relationship status, you should make everyday about love.
P.S I was just wondering, do you have a band aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.SHARE THIS POST...